Thursday 5 February 2015

FINAL CUT: Continuity Task



This is our updated continuity task; our first attempt was unsuccessful due to my groups misunderstanding of the 180 degree rule. Although we thought we had been consistent through our use of the rule and felt that we had not broken it within our clip, when speaking to Mr Ford it was made prominent that we had misconceptions about what the rule entails. I decided to do some extra research into the rule as I felt it would be easier to correct if I was aware of the limitations; during my research I came across the idea of an 'imaginary line' in which the camera can indeed move positions and angles (which I did not realise) but simply cannot be placed beyond that 'imaginary line'. This made re-filming certain shots a lot easier as I could then visualise the positioning; however due to the numerous retakes before reaching this understanding, the costume changes are not subtle and are therefore unprofessional causing our shots to come across as less smooth than initially expected (e.g. the transitions from one shot to the next were emphasised due to the unplanned costume change). From the criticism given by Mr Ford it has given me an understanding of the time period in which my coursework must be filmed, edited, re-shot and evaluated until the deadline for our final marks; it has somewhat given me an insight into how organised we must be as a group to keep the project moving forward- I must allow (and therefore be prepared for) Mr Ford to view and criticise the shots we have filmed and I must set aside some time for the possibility in which we may have to reshoot some scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment